Top 10 signs of a burned out parent
- Silence is your new favorite band. If you could you would listen to them all the time
- You suddenly feel guilty for most of your childhood and want to apologize profusely to your parents, especially for the teenage years
- You start dreaming in cartoon
- Instead of thinking about sex you have fantasies of a great big empty bed you could nap in.
- During actual sex you keep thinking you hear a baby crying, a musical toy going off or the sound of a grandparent unlocking the front door.
- You start considering how quickly clothing will get ruined by food, milk, poop or vomit when shopping
- You plan meals based on what takes the least amount of effort to cook rather than taste or nutrition
- You start to resent people in their twenties
- You start to admire people who have retired and taken to some eccentric hobby like collecting rare cactus or building wood furniture
- You realize you are turning into your parents